IPC Student Chapter Leadership Awards
The IPC Student Chapter Leadership Awards are available exclusively to IPC Student Chapter leaders after serving a 12-month term. The purpose of these awards is to recognize a student's leadership capabilities, the impact they had while serving, and ability to plan and/pr host successful engagement initiatives for its chapter members.
Value: $1,000 Scholarship
The IPC Education Foundation aims to provide at least five $1,000 scholarship per year per IPC Student Chapter Leader. These awards will be made available to student members associated with an IPC Student Chapter who serve in a leadership role: Chapter President, Chapter Vice President, Secretary, and any other. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipients.
In order to apply for an IPC Student Chapter Leadership Award, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Serve in a leadership capacity as a student member at an IPC Student Chapter
- Be a member of the IPC Education Foundation
- Enrolled as a student (undergraduate or post graduate) at a recognized academic institution
- Ability to showcase leadership skills based on the impact had while serving in this role (for example: how many members joined the chapter since, how many successful engagement events took place, what exciting member activities took place, etc.)
- Applicants may apply only once per calendar year
- Submissions should be in English
IPC Education Foundation scholarships and awards are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. IPC Education Foundation will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award a scholarship in a given year.
To be considered for the IPC Student Chapter Leadership Award, applicants must complete an online application by September 30th. The 2021 application period will open on July 9th. The application must include:
- An online completed application form (only completed application forms will be considered)
- Two letters of recommendation: 1) Chapter Advisor (compulsory) and 2) from another professional (teacher or school official at the college level (or high school if an incoming first-year/employer/staff member)
- A personal statement stating the applicant's qualifications and educational and career goals by picking one of the 3 IPC values (integrity, performance, collaboration) and explain how it resonates with you.
- Resume highlighting just your leadership roles – “Leadership Resume”
- Upload any pictures, videos or testimonials to support your application (optional)
All five of the above items must be submitted before the application will be considered.
Submission of Application Form
The Application Process is all online.
Follow these easy steps:
- To access you must log in to your IPC Student Membership Account
- Click on “Member Scholarships” to access the scholarship application.
- Open that form and fill it out completely electronically.
Note that you’ll have to create a username and password to access the application site. Therefore, you’ll be able to log back in and continue with the application at any time.
Submission of Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation for the Leadership Award needs to be on an official letterhead and will be uploaded in the application site. Please note – No reference from fellow classmate or an IPC Student Chapter Officer.