IPC Emerging Engineer Program
IPC launched the Emerging Engineer program in 2016 to provide professionals early in their careers an opportunity to learn from the dedicated industry volunteers who participate in standards development. Through this sharing, our valued leaders will mentor IPC Emerging Engineers and provide them with the tools they need to continue standards development for many years to come. As Mentors they will also have the opportunity to ensure their projects carry forward while they help build the future.
In 2020 the IPC Education Foundation started to support this program and launched the IPC Emerging Engineer Apprentice Program to allow students to benefit from this program as well. There is a limited number of student positions available! The IPC Emerging Engineer Program is a 3-year commitment, but due to balancing academic commitments, students entering the program will commit to participate for 1-year. If you’re interested in applying for or learning more about the IPC Emerging Engineer Student program, just click here and complete the application form.
2023 Deadline for applications is November 17, 2023.Apply Now
Benefits for Emerging Engineer Students:
Education and mentoring for professional development
Recognition for the program participant and his/her company – industry awareness
Complimentary All-Access Package registration to IPC APEX EXPO, for one years (attendance required)
Complimentary registration to IPC Fall Committee Meetings (attendance not required)
The IPC Education Foundation sponsors students part of the Emerging Engineer Apprentice Program attendance at the IPC APEX EXPO in Anaheim, CA and IPC supports with logistical arrangement which include travel, room, and meals
For more information, please reach out to Charlene Gunter du Plessis, Sr Director of the IPC Education Foundation at [email protected].
- Participate in IPC APEX EXPO 2024, being present for the first event at 5:30pm PT on Saturday, April 6th through at least 2:30pm PT Thursday, April 11th. Your travel, hotel, and meals will be covered and arranged by IPC.
- Attend IPC standards development meetings.
- Complete the program activities listed in the Event Program Passport, including a summary report. Passport includes an agenda list of events to attend at the IPC APEX EXPO during the above listed dates.
- Meet with industry subject matter experts to build technical knowledge and a professional network that will enable you to make a substantial contribution to:
- Your organization – Share knowledge and connections with students or colleagues
- The electronics industry – Through meaningful work on IPC standards