The purpose of the IPC Student Member Scholarship is to identify and encourage talented and focused IPC Student Chapter Members to pursue careers in the electronics industry. Each applicant needs to showcase the contributions to the industry and why they should be a worthy recipient of this scholarship. This scholarship has been designed not only to reduce the financial burden, but also to encourage students to enhance their knowledge and skills of real-word industry-related experiences.
Value: $1,000 Scholarship
The IPC Education Foundation aims to provide at least fifty $1,000 scholarships per year to IPC Student Members. These scholarships will be made available to student members associated with an IPC Student Chapter. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipients.
In order to apply for an IPC Student Scholarship, applicants need to meet the following criteria:
- Be a student member (become a member)
- Enrolled as a student (undergraduate or post graduate) at a recognized academic institution
- Enrolled as a student member at a registered academic institution
- Pursuing a qualification relating to the electronics manufacturing industry such as, but not limited to, engineering, computers, electronics, and industrial technology
- Completed two or more online educational modules available to members only
- Attended two or more events such as webinars, chapter events, trade shows, chapter meetings, etc.
- Funds must be used for educational purposes
- Proof of enrollment as a student will be required to receive the scholarship money
- Applicants may apply only once per calendar year
- Submissions should be in English
IPC Education Foundation scholarships and awards are awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. IPC Education Foundation will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award a scholarship in a given year.
- Demonstrated or expressed interest in electronics research and/or electronics manufacturing education
- Student essay
- Letters of recommendation (two requested)
- Academic standing
- Involvement in IPCEF activities and IPC Student Chapter participation
- Any additional information that would motivate application
To be considered for the IPC Student Member Scholarship Award, applicants must complete an online application by September 30th. The 2021 application period will open on July 9th. The application must include:
- An online completed application form (only completed application forms will be considered)
- Two online educational course certificates (located at ipcef.org/library)
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one from a teacher or school official at the college level (or high school if an incoming first-year)
- An official or electronic college transcript for the last two years including GPA
- A personal statement stating the applicant's qualifications and educational and career goals
- Upload any pictures, videos or completed projects that showcase your interest in the industry or contributions to the industry
All seven of the above items must be submitted before the application will be considered.
Submission of Application Form
- The Application Process is all online.
Follow these easy steps:
- To access you must log in to your IPC Student Membership Account
- Click on “Member Scholarships” to access the scholarship application
- Open that form and fill it out completely electronically
Note that you’ll have to create a username and password to access the application site. Therefore, you’ll be able to log back in and continue with the application at any time.
Submission of Letters of Recommendation
Letters of recommendation will be generated within the online platform. Applicants will be able to send an email to their references requesting a letter of recommendation. The reference will receive an email with a link that will allow them to submit the letter of recommendation electronically. The applicant will be notified once the reference completes the letter of recommendation. Each applicant needs two letters of recommendation to be considered. Please note – No reference from fellow classmate or an IPC Student Chapter Officer.
Questions about the application process may be directed to [email protected].
Note that all application materials must be received by September 30th.
Additional Information about the Award:
The award is subject to change at the discretion of the IPC Education Foundation. Possible reasons for changing the award amount would be an increase in scholarship fund endowment, increasing college tuition costs, and the scholarship review committee's decision to increase the number and the amount of awards.